I have recently moved from NC to Houston, TX and came here not knowing a single person. I was very fortunate to have a friend-of-a-friend who connected me with her BFF (Thanks TD!) and allowed me to meet a great group of transplanted NC ladies. I have great neighbors who are fun to hang out with…but what I don’t have is a girl friend who is single like yours truly.
I have tried to be-friend some people outside of those mentioned, but it doesn’t seem to be panning out–Maybe we don’t have a lot in common. Maybe it’s me. I don’t know. All I know is that I want to place a personal ad for a partner in crime to tear Houston up with me and because you can’t place personal ads for friends, this blog post will be the next best thing.
28 YO SW/F ISO TX BFF
I am a single lady looking for a partner in crime to share embarrassing moments in the Houston, TX area. I’m looking for someone who possess 50-75% of the following qualities:
- Likes to exercise (running, spinning) or play sports
- Has a sense of humor
- Likes dogs
- Does not get offended by curse words – ie “fuck”
- Does not get offended by words or phrases like: “P in the V”, “camel toe”, “dissed to the face”
- Understands and thinks it’s funny when I say words or phrases like: “P in the V”, “camel toe”, “dissed to the face”
- Understands that I am going to hit on guys 2-3 years younger than me and will support me in that decision as long as said guy has their “shit together”
- Appreciates that I try to relate my life to any fictitious character that I can…Right now it is Marnie from Girls
- Appreciates that sitting in my living room watching TV and talking can be just as fun as going out
- Likes to drink and dance (simultaneously and doesn’t get mad when I drop my beer on the dance floor because that WILL happen)
- Understands that most of what I say is highly exaggerated in the hopes that someone will laugh
- Enjoys Lady Gaga and understands that I will get very annoyed if you hate on her–we have the same birthday. We are soul mates.
- Understands that sometimes I will say “I’m writing” and that means I’m writing in my diary
- Will laugh out loud (literally–not just say, “LOL”) when they read these two blog posts: Let’s All Watch Dawson’s Creek & Best of the Worst 90’s Songs…If you don’t you are automatically NOT my friend
- Will support me in my quest to reduce my intake of cookies and sweets