I have been so busy the last week or so working working working and training for my triathlon. On Sunday, I swam for about 20 minutes and then biked for 16.4 miles! That is the farthest I have ever gone in one trip! I was pretty tired Monday and even a little today.
Not too much to share on my end, except that I made eggs in a coffee mug!!!! This is so exciting!! For those of you who are in my classes, you know that I do not like to wash dishes (who does?!?!) so this was the best thing that has happened in a while 🙂 I have heard from many of you that do this and said it was “legit”, but I have been apprehensive because I thought the texture might be really freaky.
WELL I made my eggs in a mug and they’re WONDERFUL!! It’s so easy…Spray nonstick spray in a microwaveable coffee mug, microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then microwave for another 30 seconds, and then breakfast is ready!
I love making eggs and this makes life so much easier and convenient!
This past week we discussed planning more meals at home and some different strategies to help with making that happen.
- Hungry Girl: I love this site!!! – http://www.hungry-girl.com/
- Eat Better America – Healthified – http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/Healthified/
- Printable Coupon Database – www.printablecoupondatabase.com
- Krazy Koupon Lady – http://thekrazycouponlady.com/
- Meal, Planning, Shopping, and Budgeting Resources from the USDA: http://snap.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?info_center=15&tax_level=4&tax_subject=261&topic_id=1243&level3_id=6213&level4_id=10046
- Here is a link to subscribe to a blog called Here’s the Deal which is published by the News and Observer: http://www.newsobserver.com/life/columnists_blogs/