I am in the baking mood for some reason today! I am about to go to work (Cooley’s) and I wanted to make some for my friend Carroll who celebrated her birthday on Tuesday. I modified this recipe from somewhere–not sure where it originated anymore–but of course I had to change it up a bit! Usually I just bake them w/ bananas but I had some strawberries so I decided to add those in too!
These are YUMMY and only 65 calories each!!!
Strawberry-Banana Choc. Chip Muffin Tops by Jamie 🙂 – Yields 10 Muffin Tops
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp choc chips (preferably mini’s)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine banana, strawberries, sugar substitute, egg, vanilla, and applesauce in a mixing bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flax seeds to the strawberry-banana mixture. Add chocolate chips.
- Spray muffin top pan with nonstick spray and bake for 9 minutes. **If you do not own a muffin top pan you could use a regular muffin pan or mini-muffin pan.
I love this recipe! It is really easy and these freeze really well! You can make banana chocolate chip ones by simply eliminating the strawberries. They are good for breakfast or even snacks/dessert and are very inexpensive (you can usually buy a bunch of overripe bananas for less than a $1).
Enjoy!! Would love to see pics if anyone does actual muffins.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!